
There's my house. You can't tell but there are mountains all around it, and when there isn't smoke from forest fires blowing in, you can see blue/green layers of them from the balcony.
Our neighborhood low income, slightly run down, but I'd say nicer than I was expecting with mostly brown, old apartment buildings. I'm pretty sure there are drugs here, but I've never felt unsafe and our neighbors are very nice. So here i am--located right off Clay street. I thought it might be nice to have a setting for what I'll be telling, sharing, questioning, etc. Our landlords have come to call it the Glory House #2 (theirs is the Glory House) They are the only two yellow buildings in the neighborhood and definitely stand out-Ours was painted right before we moved in. There are a lot of Bethel students living in the neighborhood nice school started and we are going to start having some neighborhood outreach times as well. So. Here's my home for the next little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment